Sausage or Slim Jim mixing

• Masterbuilt Team Blue

Our crews normal routine of making Sausage is to mix venison, pork, & add desired amount of spices, course grind, mix, & 2nd grind. Mix again with hi temp cheese if used adding water and stuff. My question is that I have never seen this method listed, always adding spices, cheese & water after all grinds. What am I missing ? Thanks in advance. Dewey

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

deweymeats Its just a preference, nothing wrong with adding spices between first and second, or like you adding it before the first grind, though I think you would find more people who add between 1st and 2nd grind.

I don’t like doing it because it sets up on the auger and in the head and makes it harder to clean the equipment, but plenty of people do like it.

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size