ECA—Eldons Sausage Tang

• Anybody have any experience with this brand of encapsulated citric acid? Their directions say to let it cure overnight but I’ve always thought that you smoke immediately after stuffing when using ECA. I’ve never used ECA so I’m not sure what to do.

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

Zupe Nope, no experience with that but I can say you are right, the ECA is a cure accelerator so why would you need to hold it overnight? Seems like it would invite problems, if some of the encapsulation broke you are going to give that acid 12 hours to work in the meat and break down the protein bonds.

The simple solution is to buy from Exalibur! No, seriously, either way you go let us know how it turned out!

• Team Blue

Jonathon Eldon’s repackages their products from someone else. They are out of Spokane Valley, WA over the mountains from me.

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size