Question about venison sticks

• Good afternoon,
    I have a question about venison sticks
    I make several different varieties of sticks and they always have turned out fantastic.

Question is: with the last four batches of sticks the casings have not adhered to the meat.
    I cannot figure out what the issue could be.
    Any advice.

• Team Orange Power User Masterbuilt

Harry Bertram
    First thought is bad casings. Had that happen a couple years back. Was from a kit I bought. Won’t mention the name here. L E M Oops. Have used Walton’s collagen casings since and no issues. Possibly not enough protein extraction and lack of a binder as well.

• PapaSop
    I’m leaning the same way as far as a binder
    And no that you say that made me think it may be a coincidence but all four of the batches have been the same casings that you had mentioned.
    And sticks That I have made in years prior have been with different brand casings.

Thank you
    Harry

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size