Pork butt stalled at 143

• Canning Sous Vide Dry Cured Sausage Masterbuilt Regular Contributors

If that is the same Franklin PBS show, he also compared paper and foil with naked
    His companion seemed to prefer the naked that had a crunchier, stronger bark with more smoke flavor in the meat
    Goes to show to each his/her own

• Yeah, I dont always foil. I do if I’m having company over and it looks like it wont be ready on time or I need to get past the plateau. I’m indifferent when it comes to bark. I can have it crunchy or not. What i do a lot is not foil until its done. Foil to cooler and open all my vents up to increase the temperature and throw some spatchcocked chickens on and pull the butt out of the cooler when teh chickens are done and serve pulled pork and pulled chicken.

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size