• Was thinking about making spicy pickle snack sticks, any direction was going to do 50/50 pork but and venison and add some jalapeños and habaneros from the garden maybe add some minced garlic any direction from anyone who has used this seasoning I really like spicy

• Team Orange

Sounds like a solid plan. Im thinking the hotter that pepper less the amount, or even a dry pepper powder to help evenly distribute the heat. I think hot pickles, you dont taste the pepper flavor you taste pickles with straight heat. As far as the amount of of pepper or powder I wouldn’t have a clue on amounts. For jalapeno sausages I usually shoot for 5-8% by weight for fresh jalapeno chopped but thats not super hot and I want jalapeno flavor + heat.
    Hopefully my rambling is helpful.

• I did a quart bag of jalapeño that were frozen from my garden in a 25 lb batch, could of used more heat but they are pretty good

• Team Blue Canning Regular Contributors Power User

Bhouin1086 I grew ghost peppers and Chile peppers, dried them and ground them up in the wifes coffee grinder( not recommended if your going to grind coffee again I found out later the hard way). Anyway, I add a table spoon to 25# of meat. i find it much easier to do it that way. It mixes in better and more even flavor

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size