Sharing stories of home processing

• Recently we, myself,husband,daughter and son in law, butcher this HUGE hog we raised for 2 1/2 years. She was more than what the tractor wanted, we had to weigh the back down even gutted with the head off it was hard to lift. Took us a few days total to get everything cut up and salted. While working my daughter cooked up some of the ribs and they were great. There was less fat on her than what I expected. It was a learning and memory for the kids and us all! Tried to post photo, unsuccessful.

• Regular Contributors

Hit the jackpot. Was in a local meat market looking at whole bagged open range beef tenderloin they normally sell for $12.99/lb. when the butcher dropped a 7 lber in front of me discounted to 6.99/lb. because it had to be sold due to timing. They sell these butchered filets for 26.99/lb. Win! Finished product weight was 6.5 lbs. Definitely worth the hour to butcher and vacuum pack for a savings of $135.
    Open range beef tenderloin butchered 2-18-21 resized.jpg

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

zbigjeff Send me the pic in an email. That’s worth posting for sure!

• Regular Contributors

Jonathon Responded to your email. Read it and smile. Please!!! This ex IT guy obviously had a short circuit.

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size