• Getting ready for a big day, 25# Summer Sausage, 25# Italian and 25# kielbasa, finally 25# of whole hog.

Question is I never made Kielbasa before I was wondering if I could use my 2.5" mahogany casings and cure it in the smoker the same way I do my summer sausage? Be starting the grinder here in about an hour, so any help would be great before I get to the Kielbasa. thanks

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

BobS Yup, you can absolutely do that, it might be a little larger than normal for the Kielbasa. Hope we didn’t miss you but I feel like we did! I took the ENTIRE weekend off from Meatgistics and I feel nice and refreshed! Had a wedding Friday night then the Fight Saturday night so I spent the rest of my time doing things around the house and with my wife and dogs…good weekend! Sorry for the ramble!

• Not at all just what I wanted to know, and right in time! Thanks!

Glad you had a great time with the family, America needs more of that!

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.