Excalibur's Spicy Red Vodka Sauce Review

• Walton's Employee

Spirited Seasonings
    Excalibur's Spicy Red Vodka Sauce

Spicy Red Vodka Sauce

Excalibur’s new Spirit Based line of seasonings and sauces all sound like they are going to be great additions to an already strong line of seasonings. The Spicy Red Vodka Sauce caught my eye right away because I love homemade vodka sauces but rarely make one and I generally despise store bought sauces. I am making some Rotini Pasta and I am going to drown it in the Spicy Red Vodka sauce and hopefully I will have found a Vodka Sauce in a jar that is worth eating!

The bottles design mimics a small bottle of liquor which is cool but it’s not going to make it taste any better! As soon as I took the cap off I picked up a nice smell, some vodka but not much as vodka is not a strong scented liquor anyway. When I went to pour it on the pasta it was a lot thicker than I would have thought and than it looked in the bottle, I am taking that as a good sign.

I used half of a bottle on a full box (16 oz) of pasta and wow is this stuff good! Very good taste and it would have been even better had I had some parmesan cheese to sprinkle over the top. The most notable thing with this seasoning though is that they were not joking about the Spicy in the name, this stuff packs a punch and I would say is one of the spicier sauces I have had from Excalibur. Not quite on the level of Smoky Habanero Chipotle but certainly every bit as hot as Sizlin Green Chili and the heat stays around. I finished my sample about 10 minutes ago and I can still feel the heat in my mouth, it’s not a scorching heat just a pleasant heat that lingers.

There is no question about it, I have found my new vodka sauce, next time I make it I am going to cook some chicken and cut it into strips and add it to the past.

If the rest of this line is anywhere near as good as this one then this line is going to be a success!

Mango Moonshine Spirited Sauce

Mango Moonshine Sauce

Kentucky Bourbon Spirited Sauce

Kentucky Bourbon Spirited Sauce

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.