use seasonings as all-purpose kitchen seasoning?

• Anybody use the seasoning blends as all-purpose kitchen seasoning blends like you would Tony Chachere’s? I ordered some of the Willie’s Snack Stick Seasoning and really like the flavor to the point of using in anything that needs a bit extra flavor and spice. Wondering if I’m just weird or has anyone else use their seasoning beyond it’s intended use? and if so, what flavors have y’all been experimenting with?

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

Luke Pellegrin I have used willies on things like almonds and other smoked nuts but I have never added it to something like an all around seasoning. My fear would be that it would be way too strong do to the salt content and the fact that it is not designed as a topical, but designed to be ground into the meat.

I do know I have tried to use the Hab Lime for some other (non meat) purposes and it has destroyed a batch of humus and guac by just being way too strong with some bitterness thrown in.

• Jonathon that’s an excellent reply and it makes a lot of sense. i agree, as a topical last minute sprinkle it might be too intense and haven’t tried it that way. but i have used it in a gumbo and beans and as a rub for things that need a fair amount of salt to taste right, and it seems to do really well as long as it’s had a chance to cook in and dissolve and work its magic. I’ve been using it like a seasoned salt. it’s my new secret ingredient. 👍

• Power User Canning Team Orange Regular Contributors

Walton’s has a good selection of shakers also

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

craigrice For sure, my all time #1 is Walton’s Ultimate Steak and Roast for steaks, also good on chicken and nice to add to a salad. My other top 3 Excalibur shakers are ALL DISCONTINUED. I can only imagine they did that as a personal attack on me. Anything from Eat BBQ like Zero to hero is a great all around BBQ rub. JPs Custom Sweat Heat is awesome on Chicken and Pork. Most things from Kosmos are also really really good.

Oh and Oakridge is really good too but they are a little pricey. One of our IT guys has a serious love for the Mississippi Grind. Bash Brothers and Butcher BBQ are mostly good too.

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size