High Temp Cheese and Meat Spoilage!

• Team Orange

HI, just used High Temp Cheese for the first time to make some Summer Sausage. I have been seeing that around some of the Cheese in the sausage is starting to go off in color and taste. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this. It seems to be only happening with the Cheddar cheese, the Pepper Jack is not doing it. It is all the batch of sausage, not having any issues at all with any of the rest of it, just the Cheddar. The Cheese is all new and has been kept in the freezer until it was used, other than when it was shipped, I am sure that Walton’s keeps it frozen as well before shipping.

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

Miket482000 i have an answer on this, I just can’t think of it right now. I am guessing it has something to do with the pH but dont quote me on that yet. I will find the answer tomorrow and update the post…darn, this is annoying, I can’t think of it and I know this was talked about in the last month. I’ll try more searching tomorrow.

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.