wild duck sausage

• Well I’m still having trouble with the texture, Here is what I am doing. I use 5lbs at a time 2.5 duck ,2.5lbs 50/50 pork,Waltons seasoning, 4oz water .7 oz carrot binder. grinder I grind the meat thru a 3/8 " twice. The meat has a paste like consistency I stuff with hog casings . The sausage comes out with an almost gritty texture. I have done 4 batches and I’m about ready to give up. Not enough fat, maybe the duck meat is not the issue not grinding the pork well enough? I shoot a fair amount of ducks and was hopeing to find a good reciepe

• Power User PK100 Regular Contributors

duckbill what are you using for a grinder? What size? Is your meat partially frozen at time of grinding? Are your plates and knives sharp? What are you stuffing it with?

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size