Red Eye Moonshine Spirited Sauce

• Walton's Employee

Red-Eye Moonshine Spirited Sauce

Bacon Wrapped Bison Steak Marinated in Red Eye Moonshine

Excalibur’s new Spirit Based line of seasonings and sauces all sound like they are going to be great additions to an already strong line of seasonings, the Red-Eye Moonshine is what we are going to be cooking with today. With a creamy texture and notes of coffee, tomato, chili, onion and red pepper this is a pretty complex seasoning. I’ve had a few small bison steaks in my freezer for a week or so now so I decided to marinate them with the Red-Eye Moonshine Spirited Sauce and wrap them in some homemade bacon!

I took 2 oz of the Red-Eye Moonshine and put both bison steaks in a vac bag and I will leave them in there for about 2 hours to let them marinate. The combination of the vacuum and the tenderness of the steaks should allow these steaks to absorb a lot of the flavoring in a short time. I am going to cook them at low temperature until they reach 130°. Sadly I won’t be reverse searing them as I’m at work and just don’t have time to spend monitoring it but that is my preferred method for cooking steaks of any kind. If you have never reverse seared a steak check out this post to learn how to put a perfect sear on any steak you cook!

I just pulled them off, somehow one of them got away from me and made it to 140°F, shame on me! That should never happen, there is no excuse that type of sloppiness! The other two look pretty perfect though.

The Red Eye Moonshine had a very nice creaminess to it, but I think it would have gone better with a different cut of meat, the Bison was so lean that it needed something like Ultimate Steak and Roast Rub to really bring out the underlying flavors. So, out of the three Excalibur Spirited Seasonings I have tried to far I have the Kentucky Bourbon the best, then the Spicy Vodka and then the Red Eye Moonshine. That’s not to say the Red Eye wasn’t good, I just chose the wrong cut of meat, I really think the creaminess of this would help it if you were going to do some chicken and then put it in something like a Caesar Salad.

Next I think I am going to try the Mango Moonshine Sauce on some fish, fish in the office, my coworkers are going to love me for that!

Red Eye Moonshine Spirited Sauce

Red Eye Moonshine Sauce

Kentucky Bourbon Spirited Sauce

Kentucky Bourbon Spirited Sauce

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.