• Yearling

Just finishing up the last few pounds of my chicken jalapeno summer sausage. Bring it in to sous vide when it hits 150 degrees. If you make chicken summer sausage you really have to get good protein extraction. I also use sure gel for chicken. I use soy protein for my pork sausages, just seems to work well with pork.

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

shoprat53 Yes, grinding a 3rd time isnt a bad idea with chicken sausage either. Basically, make it goup before you stuff it and I agree that Sure Gel is better than soy for chicken. Another thing I have used is super bind with chicken and that has worked well. It doesn’t actually have protein in it but it does a very good job in catching all the moisture that the meat expells.

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.