PK-100 Rated Capacity Question

• Regular Contributors

I was on the Pro Smoker web site looking at their product specs. I noticed that the product capacity of this smoker seemed overly optimistic to me. Aside from that, it looks like a solid, well built smoker.

Has anyone actually tested their PK-100 with 100 lbs of summer sausage or any of the other listed product capacities?

Two things:

1. It doesn’t appear their is enough physical space to put that much product in the smoker. 2) With a 1250 watt element, it doesn’t appear you would have adequate power to bring that much product up to temperature.
      PK-100.jpg
  • Team Blue PK100

processhead I have owned the PK-100 for about a year now and am very happy with it. However, I have not tried to load it nearly as heavy as stated and never plan to. I completely agree that the stated max capacity is overly optimistic and would result in reduced smoke/meat quality. This is only my opinion, but I can say that much meat would be a very tight fit!

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

processhead No, I have never done 100 lb in it. I can say after loading it with 25 lb of the 2.9" X 24" casings (or whatever the biggest is) I believe it is possible but it is going to be very crowded in there for sure. Also, you might be able to get more than one row of the shorter in there.

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size