Mango Moonshine Spirited Sauce

• Walton's Employee

Mango Moonshine Spirited Sauce

White fish marinated in Mango Moonshine

Excalibur’s Mango Moonshine Spirited Sauce sounds like something that would be good on white fish, or at least it does to me! With that in mind I stopped by the store last night and purchased two small frozen white fish fillets to see how it stacks up against the other Spirited Sauces. For those of you keeping score at home so far we have Kentucky Bourbon ranked #1, then the Spicy Red Vodka Sauce and in last place is the Red-Eye Moonshine Sauce. The Red-Eye suffered from pour cooking on my part so let’s not judge it too harshly!

To help the marinade penetrate as quickly as possible I put both fillets and 3 oz of the sauce into a vacuum bag and vac sealed it. This helps by separating the fibers of the fish which allows the marinade to easily penetrate the fish.

Okay so lesson learned, when cooking white fish on a grill with wider than usual grates use a basket of some sort! Especially white fish as it tends to be flakey when cooked anyway. I lost about 1/4 of the fish this way.

If you like Mangos this is amazing on whitefish, the aroma hits you before the taste really but the taste is fantastic. There was some debate on what fish would have been best to use, I think Mahi Mahi would have been perfect and others said Salmon so that shows you the wide array of types of fish this would go well with. I probably would have bought some Mahi Mahi but we are trying to do this on a beer budget!

I think I am putting this one ahead of even the Kentucky Bourbon Sauce. The sweetness of the Mango Moonshine was an obvious but still pleasant plus but there was also some complexity to it that I will have to try again on a different fish to see if I can identify what exactly it was. There is no question I will be using this again, it was awesome!

Red Eye Moonshine Spirited Sauce

Red Eye Moonshine Sauce

Kentucky Bourbon Spirited Sauce

Kentucky Bourbon Spirited Sauce

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.