Marinade express vs. Chamber vac marinading

• Sous Vide Canning PK100 Team Blue Power User

In anticipation of eating better and following the “Joe Hell” theme, I was thinking of some specific meat preps. Like Bahn Mi, Carne Adada, skirt steak fajitas, etc… Have to go max flavor, because I wont be having tortillas with these.
    I am wondering what you Vacuum express pro users think of the unit.
    In particular:

1. What is marinading time verses a chamber vac seal with meat and marinade?
    2. How is the clean-up?
    3. Is there more flavor impact from the vacuum tumbling?
    4. Ever make your own marinades?

Input appreciated.

• Team Orange

lkrfletcher I use a vacuum tumbler quite a bit. I like the results I get from it. I use it mostly for chicken. I take breasts and cut them into 3 or 4 strips and then poke them a few times with a skewer. I have found that I get better results when I put the meat and marinade in the tumbler and tumble for about 5 min. then let the vacuum off then revacuum and tumble for maybe 20 min. then then repeat again.
    Does a great job on wings also. I like to use Walton’s General Tso’s marinade.

• Sous Vide Canning PK100 Team Blue Power User

mdseaside - Thanks

Just trying to decide if the Juice is worth the Squeeze. $$$

• Team Orange

That is what was holding me back also. Till I found one of another brand at a yard sale for $5.00. Before that I used the cannisters that came with my food saver.
    I would marinate in them under vacuum just shake things around a few times and release the vacuum and revacuun a time or two. You just don’t get the same tumbling effect.

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size