Christmas in July! Monday!

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

Well well well, here we are, not even in July and it looks like we are going to FINALLY beat a date and have our Vacuum Sealers, Vac Bags, Tables, Tenderizers, Scales, Lugs and Hog Ring Ring Pliers here! I am going to grab one of each as soon as they come in and start playing with them. I am fairly sure I can talk Austin into doing a live stream with me to celebrate and show them off at waltonsinc.com/live!

Here is the basics
    PapaSop 2 vac sealers, 1 chambered 1 non chambered (another model coming later)
    Hog Ring Pliers with comfortable handles and does a good job closing bags
    Scale will weigh up to 600 lb and I think it has 2 modes, one for under 5 lb and one for over
    3 different tenderizing things. 1 attaches to your grinder, 1 is a stand alone unit and 1 is a motor for that unit
    2 different meat lugs, one larger and one smaller
    Stainless Steel work tables
    and then a bunch of different size bags!
    Christmas in July!

Don’t you just hate it when someone goes from using 1 to two in the same document?!

• Power User Canning Team Orange Regular Contributors

do the tenderizers make jerky slices or cube the meat as a second feature on the tenderizers

• Team Grey Sous Vide Canning Dry Cured Sausage Masterbuilt PK100

Woot woot !!!

• Big Green Egg Team Blue Regular Contributors Cast Iron Power User

Awesome…especially with how crazy this year has been!!!

• Jonathon keep us in the loop. Maybe a sale or two.

• Team Orange Power User Masterbuilt

Jonathon
    Couple questions on the chambered sealers.
    Available for purchase before you test them or after?
    What size bag do you recommend for sausages, sticks and summer sausage?

Obviously been waiting on these to complete my equipment upgrade. Not that it matters, but will you run a special? Getting this regardless.

Thanks

• Team Blue PK100 Power User

PapaSop Hey buddy, been a minute!!!
    I like the 6x10 bags for sticks-i put 6 roughly 6" sticks in each one…don’t want to give away too many at one time!!! The resealable bags are cool but too pricey for me.
    10x10 for sausage-easily fit 4 maybe 5 in each bag, perfect for one family meal.
    When I was trying to decide what size, ebay has some folks that sell 10 or 25 bags for next to nothing. Once I figured it out, I ordered cases from Waltons-better price than most of the other restaurant and processing sites.
    Couple tips:

• keep a paper towel handy and keep the opening where you want to seal dry, just goes smoother.
      -don’t overfill the bags, just makes bad seals
      -make sure the bag opening is flat and lined up “square” even with each other, no wrinkles…the wrinkles will leak
      -freeze the sausage a bit first. They need to be stiff enough not to squish them. Don’t over freeze they will won’t come together to reduce air gaps in the bags.

Hope this helps…stay well!!!

• Team Orange Power User Masterbuilt

Parksider said in Christmas in July! Monday!:

PapaSop Hey buddy, been a minute!!!
    I like the 6x10 bags for sticks-i put 6 roughly 6" sticks in each one…don’t want to give away too many at one time!!! The resealable bags are cool but too pricey for me.
    10x10 for sausage-easily fit 4 maybe 5 in each bag, perfect for one family meal.
    When I was trying to decide what size, ebay has some folks that sell 10 or 25 bags for next to nothing. Once I figured it out, I ordered cases from Waltons-better price than most of the other restaurant and processing sites.
    Couple tips:

• keep a paper towel handy and keep the opening where you want to seal dry, just goes smoother.
      -don’t overfill the bags, just makes bad seals
      -make sure the bag opening is flat and lined up “square” even with each other, no wrinkles…the wrinkles will leak
      -freeze the sausage a bit first. They need to be stiff enough not to squish them. Don’t over freeze they will won’t come together to reduce air gaps in the bags.

Hope this helps…stay well!!!

Good to hear from you again. Been awhile.
    Thanks for tips on the bags and sealing. I know you have all this stuff figured out.

• Sous Vide Canning PK100 Team Blue Power User

PapaSop Ive used 2500 of the 8x10. Love that size

craigrice I don’t think they are coming with a jerky slicer blade, at least initially. I will make sure today and let everyone know. I think I will be doing a live stream at some point to show everything off! I’ll keep everyone up to date on what we plan on doing. If not one today then Thursdays live stream for the end of the month/meatgistics should be a wild one!

PapaSop The chambered machine has been tested extensively. They sent a unit and it is all I have been using for the last 4 or so months. Have zero complaints about its performance and one trick that seems to work incredibly well. Will cover more on live stream and in product reviews.

One more cool note. When I started here 8 years ago we had 4 products, the sausage stuffers that we had manufactured for us with our name on it. We now have around 80 such products. So MUCH FUN to be a part of something that is growing, yes, it requires more work and can at times make me pull out what little hair I have remaining (that is what happened to Austin ) but days like today really make it all worth it! Can’t wait to show these things off!

• Team Orange Power User Canning Masterbuilt

Jonathon Austin said he had great hair until he hired some guy 8 years ago and had to deal with all his rebellion. 😂

We are going to go live with all the goodies at some time, probably 3 pm, tomorrow! Sorry guys, we just had too many things to work on and verify before we could go live. The good news is we used the motor for the tenderizer and the tenderizer attachment for the grinder. Both worked really well! Both sealers are awesome and we will show everything off tomorrow at waltonsinc.com/live

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size