How to Make Homemade Dry Rub Bacon - Recipe

• Team Orange Masterbuilt Big Green Egg Dry Cured Sausage Sous Vide Canning Power User

T Jake you can try a smoke tube with the door cracked open or run an offset set-up to keep the initial temperature low enough. Dumping heat isn’t the best solution, but I have done it when I realized I was losing control of my temperature. I have since upgraded over time but learned a lot experimenting with what I had. I have seen folks on here come up with some creative and simple solutions. processhead is turning a fridge into a smoker, passing along pic’s and a step by step tutorial.

• Thank’s YooperDog,
    I think I will use the time while that bacon is curing in the fridge to figure out that smoker of mine. Ive never really needed to control the heat to this extent but it’s time I figured it out.
    I do have one of those smoke tubes, and I think that could be part of a solution.

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size