Is this encapsulated Acid?

• Hello everyone. I am new to this site and I have a question. First off I am making meat sticks with seasonings from waltons. I forgot to order encapsulated acid So I had to go to a local butcher shop and ask to buy some from them. This is what they sold me.

I looked on Waltons website and Excalibur’s site and came up empty. I am doing 75 lbs of sticks and don’t want to mess them up. I want to make sure that this is the right stuff to use. Thanks in advance for your help.
    0_1510881677576_image.jpg

• Walton's Employee

@Darren8167 Smooth Acid does have encapsulated citric acid in it, as well as some lactic acid and other ingredients. However, while it will work for your purposes, it will not have as much tang as regular Encapsulated Citric Acid. As the name implies Smooth Acid is designed to impart a smoother taste.

Recent Posts

• @Dave-R
    That will make a nice smoker
    For my home build for the pid i used fireboard which is wifi then you would be able to control your smoker from your cellphone from anywhere you have cell service. the door gasket i got from Amazon 1 inch stove rope gasket . heating element i made mine 220 VAC electric dryer element 5400 watt. The fireboard is meant to control a 12 volt fan but wired it up to a solid state relay which turns the heating element on and off accordingly to the temperature you set.
    20190309_092811.jpg 20190309_092831.jpg 20190309_092614.jpg 20190406_141719.jpg 20190324_103110.jpg

read more
  • @PapaSop He’ll come around, have to try it a time or two and then realize how simple it is to nail it everytime and he will be happy to do it!

read more
  • @Jonathon
    Lol. My son just got the reverse sear nailed down and now I have to show him something new. Can already see the look on his face.

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

10 users active right now (0 members and 10 guests).
trussguy1, mckaskw

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 5.0k posts in 1.1k topics.
We currently have 4.7k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, kirby50.
The most users online at one time was 119 on Wed Apr 10 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.