Self-Reliance: How do you?

• calldoctoday seeing many shooters in my military career I completely agree that women are better marksmen when trained as a whole in a range environment, but unfortunately their weakness becomes very apparent in the fast target acquisition and kill shots of close quarters combat.

• Regular Contributors

mrobisr said in Self-Reliance: How do you?:

calldoctoday seeing many shooters in my military career I completely agree that women are better marksmen when trained as a whole in a range environment, but unfortunately their weakness becomes very apparent in the fast target acquisition and kill shots of close quarters combat.

Any theories on your observations of CQC

• Regular Contributors Cast Iron Sous Vide Canning Team Blue Power User

RafterW Did you ever shoot the Grand when it was held in Dayton/Vandalia Ohio?

YooperDog Ridley Acres keeping that balance is huge. We were lucky enough to meet a gent who is 80 years old, a retired electrical engineer and been a bee keeper for most of his life. Here is the kicker, he raises the bees to keep the local bee genetics intact in hopes of keeping the bee population healthier. He is posterboy of the term “bee whisperer”. My oldest son travels across the state helping him with the hive maintenance on his hives, which is about 70 hives throughout the state. He is the person who taught us how to trap local hives. Both of our current hives were trapped and I plan on never buying a package again. Its great that there are people like him more interested in the bees, than pulling honey. I have to admit, I’m in it for the honey and the pollination on my property, but meeting this guy definitely gave me a different view on how I manage our hives. The honey isn’t my priority anymore. Beekeeping can definitely “bee” frustrating at times. A friend and coworker got me started keeping bees. In reference to swarming and the overall experience, he warned me early on by saying “at the end of the day, they are insects and will do what they want”.
    I have attached a link for a YouTube video from the Ohio State Bee Keeper’s Association of our mentor and friend Dwight.
    https://youtu.be/z97joaP6TTo

• Team Orange Masterbuilt Big Green Egg Dry Cured Sausage Sous Vide Canning Power User

GWG8541 Agree. We did it for the same, honey, pollination and trying to keep the population viable in the area. The cost of buying nuc’s, and such started getting crazy and we started trapping. My wife has gotten some health issues which made things difficult. We had some great mentors and still remain in contact and may some day re-attack. We did the same and paid it forward with a family who wanted to get started with bee keeping and they are having a blast., Lots of questions and enjoying their new hobby. The crazy thing is that we have more honey bees now than we have ever seen, don’t know where they are coming from, but glad to see them.

• processhead processhead men typically have the ability to laser focus on a specific task and women can help but think about a hundred other things they need to do. The exact reason my wife can run the home so efficiently all while cooking, clothes washing and drying, putting up groceries, and then helping all three kids and this is all within a thirty second time span.

• GWG8541 I did not.

RafterW It is hard to explain, but the property the Grand was done on, was Dayton Airport property, which is annexed land north of the city of Dayton in a town called Vandalia. Well the city in its infinite wisdom started passing anti gun laws, so they moved west to Sparta, Ill in 2005. They official reason given was for expansion of the airport. Nothing like government bureaucracy to ruin a good thing. It was in Dayton from 1924 to 2005.

• GWG8541 lol man that is crazy. You said it best about bureaucracy. Literally no one in attendance from 1924 to 2005 had ill intent using their firearms. :/ Probably had an excellent track record for safety as well.

• Regular Contributors

GWG8541 said in Self-Reliance: How do you?:

RafterW It is hard to explain, but the property the Grand was done on, was Dayton Airport property, which is annexed land north of the city of Dayton in a town called Vandalia. Well the city in its infinite wisdom started passing anti gun laws, so they moved west to Sparta, Ill in 2005. They official reason given was for expansion of the airport. Nothing like government bureaucracy to ruin a good thing. It was in Dayton from 1924 to 2005.

Agenda might be a better term than bureaucracy…

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.