Blue ribbon bacon cure

• Is it possible to use the blue ribbon mapple bacon cure as a dry cure? Was thinking I read somewhere that you could and that’s what I did today and after reviewing the directions think I might of screwed up? Will it turn out fine if I let it sit in the fridge for a week rubbed in the cure?

• Walton's Employee

@bubba_mcnabb From a nitrite imparting standpoint if you used as much of the Blue Ribbon Bacon Cure as a rub as you would have for a brine/injection then you will be okay! The taste might not be very strong as this is designed to be injected not rubbed but the ingoing nitrites should not be an issue here! Once you eat it let us know how it turned out!

• @jonathon can I use the blue ribbon bacon cure to make Canadian bacon ? And what would be the process if I did a 10% pump on the loin? Don’t want it salty just want a nice smooth cure flavor.

• Walton's Employee

@sausage-king Yes, you can absolutely use the Blue Ribbon Maple Bacon Cure for Canadian Bacon if you are injecting and then covering in a 50% strength solution. If you are going to just brine it then you probably don’t want to use the Blue Ribbon Maple Cure as it has Sodium Erythorbate in it and it might gas out before it fully cures the loin. If you are going to brine/pickle then I would use the Country Brown Sugar Cure.

Either way you go the instructions for how to do both methods are available at https://meatgistics.waltonsinc.com/topic/385/how-to-make-homemade-bacon-recipe

Let us know if you need anything else!

Recent Posts

• Wazup? I’m in the streets with my mini foodtruck

I never been in this biz before but capitalism and taste bring me here now!

Smoked Meat WTF GOOD TASTE YA!!!

Question from me 'r about meat pieced sausage smoking

30 minutes 52 celsius
    30 minutes 64 celsius
    30 minutes 130 celsius{

Lowdown to 77 Celsius
    and keep monitoring the internal themp
    to score 71 Celsius…

Question is about Pieced Meat Sausage

Is that ok to put in protect bag and put in Water w Ice Blocks???

How long time in cold water ?

After that, How long time still ready to eat if protected in refrigerator?

I’m thinkg to have small sausage stock to just get heat and serve…

Is it ok?

Thanks for this MEATGISTICS PROJECT

read more
  • C

@sakepower acidity in the fruit can cause problems waltons dose have a pineapple seasoning

read more
  • After more thought on yesterdays cook, I think I had the cooker over packed with sticks restricting the air flow around the product causing some case hardening. Time to build that cedar smokehouse I’ve been drawing plans for 🙂

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

12 users active right now (2 members and 10 guests).
jason.neucere, fatzak123, ybals, sakepower, LaBarca.cf, Namrats, GJSchley, Merle.garland

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 6.6k posts in 1.3k topics.
We currently have 5.2k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, LaBarca.cf.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.