Jamaican Jerk Rum Spirited Sauce

• Walton's Employee

Spirited Seasonings

Ground beef and rice with Jamaican Jerm Rum Spirited Sauce

We have tested all of the other sauces in Excalibur’s Spirited Line, the last one to review is Excalibur’s Jamaican Jerk Rum Spirited Sauce. The ingredient list of this sauce is pretty amazing, we have all the seasonings you would expect to see with a Jamaican themed sauce or marinade as well as apple cider vinegar but most importantly it has Dark Rum added in! I am hoping that you can really pull some rum flavor out of it as I love a good dark rum.

I played with a few different ideas on what this would be best on and eventually decided to just keep it simple and marinate some ground beef and cook that with rice. I vacuum packed 2 lb of ground beef with about half of a bottle and let it sit overnight to let it suck up some of the flavors. I cooked it in a pan with a little bit of onion and I mixed it with the rice.

As soon as you open the bottle you can smell a really mouth watering mix of spices. The ginger, allspice and scotch bonnet peppers give this a wonderful aroma. The taste was great, you can taste all of those spices as well and it has a hint of vinegar and you can taste a little of the papaya as well. The Dark Rum was present in the taste but it could have been stronger in my opinion but for most people it would probably be just about right!

So my final rankings of Excalibur’s Spirited Sauces would be Mango Moonshine (best used on fish), Kentucky Bourbon Sauce (great on grilled chicken) Jamaican Jerk Rum Sauce, then the Spicy Red Vodka Sauce (great on pasta) and then the Red Eye Moonshine sauce which was still good, it just wasn’t great on Bison.

This also would have worked wonderfully for an easy to make Jamaican Jerk Patty, if you have the time and skill to make the tortilla like covering for it.

Shop waltonsinc.com for Kentucky Bourbon Spirited Sauce

Shop waltonsinc.com for Jamaican Jerk Rum Spirited Sauce

Shop waltonsinc.com for Red-Eye Moonshine Spirited Sauce

Shop waltonsinc.com for Spicy Red Vodka Spirited Sauce

Shop waltonsinc.com for Mango Moonshine Spirited Sauce

Red Eye Moonshine Sauce

Kentucky Bourbon Spirited Sauce

Kentucky Bourbon Spirited Sauce

Recent Posts

• T

How do you know how much sure cure to put on your mix if it’s less than 25 lb ?

read more
  • @peculiarb You can have an issue with pickled jalapenos and getting the meat to properly bind to them.
    You can blanch fruits and veggies before adding them to sausage and that will help. Some people add them straight in, but blanching will help the meat bind together with the jalapenos. Not a requirement though. If the jalapenos don’t bind perfectly into the meat, when you slice the summer sausage, the jalapenos may not fully stick to the meat and just fall off the slices. It won’t hurt the sausage, but it may not be 100% perfect. I would at least dry the jalapenos thoroughly, but blanching would provide the best results.

read more
  • P

Has anyone ever used pickled jalapeños in their summer sausage? I have a buddy who gave me a jar of picked jalapeños to add to his summer sausage I am going to make for him. Is this a bad idea? I’ve always used dried jalapeños in the past. Please advise! Thanks.

read more
  • W

@mikesmeats,

I have only made about three batches of snack sticks so far but, I have found that adding an extra ounce of water ( per 5lb batch) over what is called for in the recipe, makes the meat “flow just a little easier when stuffing into casings.

So far, the texture of the finished product has been great and I have had no problem with casings breaking etc. from the excess moisture.

read more
  • A

I recently had a 26 lb batch of summer sausage end up with brown spots here and there? Could this be from cure not evenly mixed ??? Or from encapsulated citric acid not fully mixed in??? I’m thinking eca wasn’t mixed in good enough because cure was put in initially with spices and binder and I mixed by hand till I got good protein extraction because it was very sticky ???0_1544920450978_26672209-28F6-4E2D-8CB7-BA2CE5A73BAF.jpeg

read more
  • M

I am going to be making a 10 pound batch of pepper stick snack sticks how much water do I add for easier stuffing. or is the water that I mix the sure gel in enough for the batch is there a ratio for sure jell to water?

read more

Recent Topics

Popular Topics

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.