Jalapeno wieners

• I have some people that would like me to make them some old fashion wieners with jalapeno peppers mixed in. I was wondering what ratio of peppers to meat to use. Also, if fresh peppers or flakes would turn out better.

Thanks,

• Walton's Employee

@enovotny I always use dehydrated flakes, it is just easier for me than cleaning the jalapenos. For those you would rehydrate them at a ratio of one part flakes to 5 parts water and then add between 3% and 6% of the weight of your product. It gives a good jalapeno flavor with a little kick of heat.

Of course plenty of people use fresh jalapenos as well. You can do the 3-6% but I would start with trying 3% and dial it in from there.

Let us know if you need anything else!

Active Users

Recent Posts

• @rodneycaudill ok ok, y’all are convincing me. I will look more at the vacuum chamber. Thanks for y’alls input!

read more
  • R

I bought a chamber vacmaster vp 120 from waltons over a year ago, and it works great. just don’t get nothing inside the bag where it seals the bag.

read more
  • @Jonathon
    We’ll that was the first thing that came to mind the first batch i ever made. had a cold beer in hand and was sampling one and closed my eyes to savor the moment and the smoke aroma smelled just like i had a lit cigar in my mouth thus the term [meat cigars]

read more

Recent Topics

Users

Topics