weston meat mixer parts

• I wonder if anyone has the 44 pound meat mixer from Weston. I recently went to use mine and realized I am missing parts. On the opposite side of the handles on the mixer there is the metal piese that you slide in and the 2 screws that you use the allan wrench to tighten. What ever there is after this piece is missing. Can anyone assist so that I can purchase the correct part/parts. Not sure if there was a knob or a spring or just what is gone.

• Walton's Employee

@gerygaub I have a Weston 44 lb meat mixer back in the video room, I took it apart and am attaching pictures of what I think is missing, it is just one bronze piece and then the black knob screws into this. It is called a Pivot Pin and I would imagine you could order a new one from Weston.

0_1522960321062_IMG_1837.jpg

Recent Posts

• B

Cooked a batch of summmer in PK 100 casings are 1 7/8 by 12 cooked at 120 for one hour then 140 two hours then 180 tell internal of 152 but when I went to pull them the fat had liquefied any ideas

read more
  • T

Tom T from Boise, ID

read more
  • D

Oh… I ground the pork fat and the venison at the same time. 2 chunks of venison, 1 chunk of pork, back and forth…

read more
  • D

Yes… sure cure and sure gel binder. The venison and pork fat were both still partially frozen when I ground them. First through the large course plate, then again through the small plate. (Not sure of sizes, but these are the plates i normally use for summer sausage). I probably should have put the meat back in the freezer before seasoning but i was pressed for time. I mixed by hand for 14 or 15 minutes. I also think I might have added to much water. The video said 2 quarts for wild game 2 pints for fatty pork. I put in 1 quart and about another cup. I mixed until it got tacky and then mixed some more. The meat seemed soupy to me but the video said that would be ok.
    The shriveling occurred before I bumped the temp up. I was using a digital thermometer with a probe, when the temp stalled for a couple hours, I suspected the temp might be reading inaccurately so I opened the door to confirm with a dial thermometer. The digital was accurate but the sausage was already shriveling.
    Another thing that bothered me was the casings… these had perforations for some reason. I e never used perforated casings before and seemed like I was losing a pot of moisture through them. Did I have the wrong casings? The other fibrous casings in the catalog said you were supposed to poke them anyway.

read more

Recent Topics

Popular Topics

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.