Snails! Will it BBQ?

• Walton's Employee

Smoked Snails

Will it BBQ? Snails!

In this segment we pose the question and the answer to Will it BBQ? So much more than just hamburgers, hot dogs, and other meats can be BBQ'd, Grilled, or Smoked. And, this is where we try out unique ideas for cooking on a grill or smoker. This week we are BBQ'ing Snails and letting you know if it will BBQ or not!

Snails

Prep Time

10 minutes

Cook Time

45 minutes

Ingredients

Snails
    Butter
    White Wine
    Signature Pork Rub

Instructions

In a saucepan melt a 1/2 cup of butter then add 1 cup of white wine, then add some signature pork rub. Then in a foil pan add your snails and pour the sauce over top of it, set aside some for dipping. Smoke for 45 minutes over hickory or other stronger tasting woods.

So, Will it BBQ?

The wine and butter sauces was great, it had a really nice taste to it but the snails just had way too many issues to be considered good, so no, it will not BBQ. The taste was okay, similar to a clam but the texture and toughness were terrible. It was like chewing rubber. You should remove the tough foot of the snail to make chewing slightly easier.

Shop Walton’s for Broil King Pellet Grill XL

Broil King Keg 5000 Charcoal Grill

New Broil King Keg Charcoal Grill

Terrapin Ridge Hot Wasabi

Hot Wasabi Garnishing Squeeze

• Regular Contributors

Hey guys, just watched your “Snails” video… I believe the problem is you overcooked the snails… Much like doing squid, snails need to be cooked for a very short time or they turn into inedible rubber bands…

I’m not sure this is going to pique your interest in trying this again, but when properly cooked, snails should have a consistency more like snot…

• Admin

@raider2119
    I was definitely open to trying it again as I read the first part of your comment… but yeah, the “snot” consistency is now a bit of a turn-off… But, as we said in the video, the sauce with the Signature Pork Rub was so good, maybe it is worth a second go at it sometime.

• Walton's Employee

If I get a veto on anything then I want to use it NOW, so you are saying the consistency can get actually get WORSE!!!

Recent Posts

• @Parksider If that isn’t already in your possession I’m disappointed!!! That’s the smoker equivalent of a Hobart mixer!!!

read more
  • P

@Joe-Hell This is what I’m talking about…someone needs to talk me down off the ledge or I’m going to get this TOMORROW!!! Give me just ONE good, and it better be good, reason why I shouldn’t go get this??? Thought so…crickets…PK smoker.jpg

read more
  • P

@Joe-Hell My brother is building a BBQ trailer rig as we speak 500 gallon propane tank set up and I may have told him I’d give it to him and it was easy to sell my wife on “this one isn’t for me” speech…I’m may be regretting offering it up. Seems like it would be the perfect sausage stuffing/linking table.

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

7 users active right now (0 members and 7 guests).
Joe Hell

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 6.5k posts in 1.3k topics.
We currently have 5.1k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, solidnation.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.