idea for cheeese burger cheddar wurst

• I have some ground serloin. About 6 pounds. I put that with about 2 pounds of bacon. I plan to use the cheese burger cheddar wurst seasoning and some carrot fiber. I will also be putting about a pound of high temp cheddar cheese. I plan on putting that in casing and calling it bacon cheese burder cheddar wurst. Hoping the beef doesn’t make it dry, the carrot fiber and the bacon should help with moisture.

• Walton's Employee

@gerygaub The carrot fiber will help for sure and as long as you are near or above 20% fat you should be okay. The issue with that is that Ground Sirloin is sometimes 90% or more lean. You might want to try adding some Cold Phosphate for moisture retention? Maybe hold off on adding that for your first batch and just add it if it comes out dry?

The Cheeseburger Cheddarwurst comes with sure cure so it can be smoked or you can leave out the cure and make it fresh. If you add the cure and smoke it just make sure you get REALLY good protein extraction to help prevent the fat from rendering out during the smoking process. If you are not curing and smoking and are making a fresh product let it cook at lower temperatures initially on the grill or in the pan, same goal here we don’t want any fat to render out.

Your creation sounds amazing and I don’t know if you knew it or not but we have declared this the Month of Bacon at Walton’s so when you make these please post pictures of them to Meatgistics and if you want either the Meatgistics or Waltons Facebook or twitter or wherever!

Recent Posts

• @crismccarthy Even though I’ve had some issues with my new Masterbuilt 40 I’d still recommend them. The company has been very easy to deal with and more than willing to send replacement parts. I just received a new cabinet yesterday. I have enough extra parts now that I might be able to homebrew an entire new smoker or rebuild one of my dead soldiers

7DC00819-A094-4316-8678-E96526F901B8.jpeg

read more
  • T

I put in a pound to 15 lbs meat with willies mix… Everyone loves it but they all say its hot. Well that what I was going for lol. We all like that mix pretty well.

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

13 users active right now (0 members and 13 guests).

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 4.9k posts in 1.1k topics.
We currently have 4.7k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, jwcupp.
The most users online at one time was 119 on Wed Apr 10 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.