Cake! Will it BBQ?
Will it BBQ? Cake!
In this segment we pose the question and the answer to Will it BBQ? So much more than just hamburgers, hot dogs, and other meats can be BBQ'd, Grilled, or Smoked. And, this is where we try out unique ideas for cooking on a grill or smoker. This week we are BBQ'ing Cake and letting you know if it will BBQ or not!
3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
1-3/4 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
1/3 Cup Canola Oil
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
2 Egg Yolks
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoons Salt
2-1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Whole Milk, Room Temperature
1/2 lb Sweet Pepper Maple Bacon
8 oz Cream Cheese
3 Tablespoons Smoked Maple Syrup
- In a bowl Mix Softened butter with the sugar and mix
- Stir in Maple Syrup
- Add oil and Stir until smooth
- Add 4 Eggs and 2 Egg Yolks and mix
- Add Baking Soda, Salt and Flour and Mix
- Add Milk and Stir Until everything is Mixed in
- Chop Bacon and mix into batter
- Fill Cupcake holders with batter
- Bake for 20 Minutes at 350° (Use indirect heat if BBQing)
- For Frosting Mix 8 oz of cream cheese with 3 Tablespoons of Smoked Maple Syrup
- Let Cupcakes cool before adding frosting
- Top with bits of bacon and serve
So, Will it BBQ?
Absolutely this will BBQ, as Ali said, 10 out of 10, would do again! The Bacon in the batter really took this over the top and made it wonderful, it might not have had as much of a smoky flavor as we were hoping but it was all around delicious!
Shop Walton’s for Broil King Grills
7 lb Sausage Stuffer
Bacon Aioli Mayo Garnishing Squeeze
A place to talk about whatever you want like Meat Processing, Smoking & Grilling, Hunting, and other Random Topics
Listen to Austin and Jon as they talk all things meat processing, beer drinking and sausage making! Email them at [email protected] with any suggested topics or questions!
Follow along with Walton’s and the latest news, updates, and updates direct from the experts from Walton’s and Meatgistics, plus, follow along with Joe Hell in his amazing story and blog about “Better Living Through BBQ”!
A new way of organizing and accessing any information you might need to make homemade meat products. Broken up into 7 categories and then presented in a class like structure.
Learn about meat processing with recipes, tips, tricks, Meat Hacks, and more from the expert’s at Walton’s