Hog Rings and Hog Ring Pliers

• Regular Contributors

I currently have a couple sets of Dewalt hog ring pliers, they appear to be exactly the same as the auto load hog ring pliers you guys sell… The problem I am having is that the pliers do not scrunch the (1/2") hog ring down tight enough to seal either a casing or a meat bag…

Is it safe to assume that these are virtually the same pliers that Waltons sells? If not, do your auto load pliers close the rings tight enough to seal a meat bag? If they are the same, how do you close your hog rings enough to seal a bag? It appears to me that I would also need a pair of the manual pliers to finish tightening the rings once set in place with the “auto loads”.

• Admin

@raider2119
    It looks like the DeWalt hog ring pliers use an 11/16" hog ring, but the one’s we have are using a 1/2" hog ring. DeWalt states that it closes down to about 9/32". I just tested the ones we sell and they get down to about 7/32".

So I think the ones we have will barely clip a little tighter. The units seem very similar though.

We use them on meat bags, and they will clip tight enough on a meat bag.

I typically recommend that people use a Stainless Steel Poly Bag Sealer or a Bag Sealing Stapler though if you want an even tighter seal. Our Auto Load Hog Ring Pliers still should work on meat bags though.

Here’s one of our meat bags sealed with our auto load hog ring pliers:
    0_1523652975576_Capture.PNG

• Regular Contributors

Thanks Austin, the 1/16" difference in the 2 sets of pliers appears to be substantial… That being said, I am getting ready to order your “poly bag sealer”… That was the direction I was going to go initially, but had received the hog ring pliers as Christmas gifts from well meaning (and hungry) friends.

Just a suggestion, but if there were any way possible for you to add a “public viewing” option to the wish list on your website, I know I would pass links to it to friends for upcoming birthday and Christmas presents…

• Do yourself a favor and toss the pliers. Swing by harbor freight and grab some zip ties. Works perfect! It’s all we use now.

Recent Topics

Popular Topics

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.