Tom from Utah

• Hey Austin, this is Tom from Clinton, Utah. I have qyite a few years experience (and not all good) with BBQ, hunting, meat processing, sausage/jerky making, grilling, and smoking. Definately not an expert but love doing it and feeding friends & family. I think my favorite meat snack is venison summer sausage, I use a recipe I got many years ago and still love it today. I have several smokers and grills in my arsenal, my most recent one is a Traeger pellet grill/smoker, once you get over the price, the thing is a beast, you can do anything & everything on it, love it. Also have 2 verticle propane smokers and 2 standard gas grills. Like I said, I love to grill & smoke things, my neighbors all put their grill up for winter…such a waste, once you’re fired up the snow melts away, love it.textRe: Roll Call (Start Here First)

• Admin

@Tomg Man, 5 grills and smokers…I think I need to buy a couple more now to catch up!
    Grilling is definitely an all year affair in my book as well!
    Welcome to the community!

• Austin, Do you have a spot on the site where the recipes are printed? I have to try that better bacon potato pie, thanks.
    Tom

• Admin

@Tomg
    We didn’t put the recipe anywhere besides in the video, but I’ll go back and edit the original post there, and put it here as well…

Better Bacon Potato Pie Recipe

Ingredients

2lb Smoked Bacon
    Peeled Potatoes (thinly sliced)
    1 shaker Better Burger Seasoning
    1 shaker Bacon Cheddar Ale Dip Mix
    1 shaker 5ive Pepper Blend
    1 bag Sharp Cheddar Cheese
    8oz Cream Cheese
    1 9in pie pan

Instructions

Lay pieces of bacon in the pie pan with half the piece hanging over the edge (watch the video to see exactly how we did it)
    Place 1 layer of potatoes slices in the bottom of the pan
    Sprinkle Better Burger Seasoning over the sliced potatoes
    Mix approx. 3 TBS of the Bacon Cheddar Ale Dip Mix in soften cream cheese
    Add layer of cream cheese mixture and sharp cheddar cheese to pie pan
    Repeat layering potatoes, Better Burger, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese until pan is full
    Wrap bacon pieces back over the top of the pie pan to cover the potatoes and cheese
    Sprinkle 5ive Pepper Blend seasoning on top
    Place pie pan inside of another pan or tray (in case of overflow from bacon grease) and place in the over at 350F. Cook approximately 1.5 hours, or until potatoes are tender and bacon is crisp.
    (if the bacon starts to get too crisp for your liking and the potatoes aren’t done, try placing a piece of aluminum foil over the top of the pan)

• Thanks Austin. I think this is going to have to be tried in a Dutch oven out camping, can’t wait, but oh crap, I don’t have the shaker spices on hand, need to get them ordered. So I guess I will have to wait a bit, darn.

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.