Burger shrinkage problem

• Mornin’ Meat Masters. I need some help. Have a recipe I like to make burgers but seem to get an awful large amount of shrinkage when grilling them. Was hoping one of you smart peeps might have a remedy for this, thanks.

• Admin

@tomg
    The amount of shrinkage you get on cooking burgers will probably be due to the fat and moisture content, and how high of a heat is used during cooking. The more fat and moisture, plus the higher heat used will cause more shrinkage.

My first thought would be to try cooking with a lower heat if you don’t want to change the rest of your recipe.

Hopefully someone else here has some more advice to share as well!

• Thanks Austin,
    I did have the grill on high to get the grill marks set on the burgers and may have caused them to cook too quick. There is a bit of fat and moisture in these, so that may effect them too. I’ll forego the grill marks on the next batch and plan to allow extra time so they cook slower and see haw that does, thanks.
    Tom

• If your shrinkage problem persists more than likely you fat content may need some help try adding some angus beef to your current mix and see if that helps.

Recent Topics

Popular Topics

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.