Sous Vide Chicken Wings

• Walton's Employee

Meat Hacks: Sous Vide Chicken Wings

Learn about cooking Chicken Wings Sous Vide Style with Walton's and Meatgistics. Watch the video, read the guide, and then post your questions or comments below.

Sous Vide Wings

Recipe

Sous Vide Chicken Wings
    We have been playing around with our new Vacmaster SV1 Sous Vide Immersion Circulator a lot recently, we’ve done steaks, Eggs, Carrots and a few other things but one thing I’ve been wanting to try is Wings. I love chicken wings but always have a hard time getting them to come out as crispy at home as they are in a restaurant so I figured I’d try to cook them sous vide and seeing if that helps.

I started with whole wings and cut them up into drumsticks, wingettes (also known as the best type of wing) and the tips. First thing you need to do is separate the tip, next throw the tip out, they are useless as they are all skin and bone. Next slice some of the skin connecting the drumstick to the wingette and then cut down through the joint to separate them.

We are going to be using two dry shakes and two wing sauces today. For the dry shakes we have Bloody Mary Wing Shake and our overall favorite Garlic Romano Wing Shake. I use this garlic Romano on everything, it’s good on so much more than just wings! I lightly seasoned both sides of the wings and then put them in a vac bag. For the Sauces I put the wings in the vac bag first and then added the sauce.

Next, we vacuum packed them with the Vacmaster VP215 to get a nice tight seal so the heat from the water could come into contact with the entire wing. I set our SV1 to 160 degrees and set it up for 4 hours.

Once the four hours are done we are going to take them out of the package, pat them dry with a paper towel and let them come back down to room temperature. Next I will roll them in some flour and fry them in some peanut oil, though you can use canola oil just as easily. Get the oil up to 400° and let them until they are nice and crispy, since we have already sous vide them we don’t need to worry about the internal temp, we are just trying to get them to crisp up.

For the wings we did in sauce we are going to put them in a bowl with more of the sauce and coat them again.

So the wings were cooked perfectly all the way through, they were incredibly tender and had an amazing taste. For whatever reason they werent as crispy as I would have liked. I think there were two reasons for that. First, I don’t think I let them cool and dry enough between sous vide cooking and frying, I was just too excited to get to it. Second, it was cold and windy and I didn’t want to wait outside anymore for the oil to heat up so I put them in at 360°, I should have waited till 400°. Either way the wings were incredible and I will use Sous Vide cooking to make them again!

Subscribe to WaltonsTV

Make sure you subscribe to WaltonsTV and remember to tap the bell next to the subscribed button to get notified about all new videos, plus like and comment on this video, and visit waltonsinc.com and meatgistics.com to find Everything But The Meat!

Subscribe to Meatgistics

Easily subscribe to any category or topic on the Meatgistics community site by clicking the green “Subscribe” button to get an email each time a new post is made!

Shop waltonsinc.com for Garlic Romano Chicken Wings

Shop waltonsinc.com for Sous Vide Immersion Circulator

Subscribe to WaltonsTV on YouTube

Broil King Grills

Imperial 590 Grill

Walton's Sausage Stuffer

33 lb Walton's Sausage Stuffer

Recent Posts

• Wazup? I’m in the streets with my mini foodtruck

I never been in this biz before but capitalism and taste bring me here now!

Smoked Meat WTF GOOD TASTE YA!!!

Question from me 'r about meat pieced sausage smoking

30 minutes 52 celsius
    30 minutes 64 celsius
    30 minutes 130 celsius{

Lowdown to 77 Celsius
    and keep monitoring the internal themp
    to score 71 Celsius…

Question is about Pieced Meat Sausage

Is that ok to put in protect bag and put in Water w Ice Blocks???

How long time in cold water ?

After that, How long time still ready to eat if protected in refrigerator?

I’m thinkg to have small sausage stock to just get heat and serve…

Is it ok?

Thanks for this MEATGISTICS PROJECT

read more
  • C

@sakepower acidity in the fruit can cause problems waltons dose have a pineapple seasoning

read more
  • After more thought on yesterdays cook, I think I had the cooker over packed with sticks restricting the air flow around the product causing some case hardening. Time to build that cedar smokehouse I’ve been drawing plans for 🙂

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

11 users active right now (1 members and 10 guests).
sakepower, LaBarca.cf, Namrats, GJSchley, Merle.garland, mjhennes, nytrukr63

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 6.6k posts in 1.3k topics.
We currently have 5.2k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, LaBarca.cf.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.