bacon cheeseberger cheddarwurst

• I recently made a batch of cheeseberger cheddarwurst sausage. I used the xcaliber cheeseberger cheddarwurst seasoning. I had about 6 pounds of ground serloin. I put the specified amount of seasoning and added about 2 pounds of bacon. I ground this and re-ground it through a 3mm grinding plate. I mixed in a bit over an ounce of carrot fiber and also added a pound of high temp cheddar cheese. It turned out great. I have a pic of the sausages but since I am blind I can’t post it. I would be glad to send to someone to post. I also experimented with collagen casing and as well as hog casing as can be seen in the picture.

0_1524677362378_gerysausage.jpg

• Walton's Employee

@gerygaub Absolutely, you can send them to me at jonathon@waltonsinc.com and I would be happy to add them to your post, it will look just like you posted it. Just go ahead and do your post then email me and let me know what post to add it too! Can’t wait to see the pics!

Recent Posts

• @Joe-Hell
    Looks delicious!

read more
  • @PapaSop It was great on the steak. I’ve never had the flat iron cut before. I was really surprised how tender it was. After I pulled the meat from the smoker I was concerned that I may have overcooked it as it felt a bit firm. I coated it in a blackening seasoning and seared it with smoking hot butter until I got a decent crust and then let it rest for a few minutes. It was perfect.

flat iron.jpg

read more
  • @PapaSop I’d love to see them!

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

14 users active right now (0 members and 14 guests).
PapaSop, admont, speck2fish, Joe Hell, Papa Mike, Mr Wyss, kmoorehome

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 4.9k posts in 1.1k topics.
We currently have 4.7k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, ihang10.
The most users online at one time was 119 on Wed Apr 10 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.