Maple Syrup! Will it BBQ?

• Walton's Employee

Pancakes and Syrup

Will it BBQ? Maple Syrup!

In this segment we pose the question and the answer to Will it BBQ? So much more than just hamburgers, hot dogs, and other meats can be BBQ'd, Grilled, or Smoked. And, this is where we try out unique ideas for cooking on a grill or smoker. This week we are BBQ'ing Maple Syrup and letting you know if it will BBQ or not

Smoked Maple Syrup

Prep Time

5 Minutes

Cook Time

30 Minutes

Ingredients

Maple Syrup
    Pnacakes

Utensils Needed

Smoke Generators

Instructions

Cold smoke the syrup for 30 minutes, we used Pecan Wood Chips but you can use anything you want. The sweetness from the Syrup should be strong enough to stand up to anything including hickory or mesquite but I would recommend a fruitwood or blend.

So, Will it BBQ?

Oh yes, this was amazing! The sweetness of the maple syrup and the smoke went together very well together and balanced each other. This was one that we will certainly be doing again as it was very easy and made a large impact on the taste in a good way!

Shop Walton’s for Vertical Smokers

Broil King S420 Regal Grill

Broil King S420 Regal Grill

Pain is Good Salsa

Pain is Good Habanero Salsa
    ![0_1524842412899_Will-It-BBQ-maplesyrup.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1524842422113-will-it-bbq-maplesyrup-resized.jpg)

Active Users

Recent Posts

• @rodneycaudill ok ok, y’all are convincing me. I will look more at the vacuum chamber. Thanks for y’alls input!

read more
  • R

I bought a chamber vacmaster vp 120 from waltons over a year ago, and it works great. just don’t get nothing inside the bag where it seals the bag.

read more
  • @Jonathon
    We’ll that was the first thing that came to mind the first batch i ever made. had a cold beer in hand and was sampling one and closed my eyes to savor the moment and the smoke aroma smelled just like i had a lit cigar in my mouth thus the term [meat cigars]

read more

Recent Topics

Users

Topics