Making snack sticks

• i was wanting to be sure, that i maix everything ,stuff,and then let rest in fride for 12 hrs.? Or mix seasoning and cure rest 12 hrs. then add corrot fiber water and stuff?

• Walton's Employee

@h8fulhilbily You are correct, you will want to mix everything and then stuff before holding your product overnight. Trying to hold it before stuffing is going to make it very difficult (if not impossible) for your stuffer to get it into the casings.

In the future, another option would be to use a cure accelerator like Encapsulated Citric Acid, then you could go right from stuffing to the smokehouse.

Let us know if you need anything else!

• Thanks, i will do that.

Active Users

Recent Posts

• R

I bought a chamber vacmaster vp 120 from waltons over a year ago, and it works great. just don’t get nothing inside the bag where it seals the bag.

read more
  • @Jonathon
    We’ll that was the first thing that came to mind the first batch i ever made. had a cold beer in hand and was sampling one and closed my eyes to savor the moment and the smoke aroma smelled just like i had a lit cigar in my mouth thus the term [meat cigars]

read more
  • @Jonathon Was there another thread or topic that addressed glycerine and using a vacuum tumbler?

read more

Recent Topics

Users

Topics