Ham Netting

• Regular Contributors

First time using your ham netting (330113). My question is do I need to do anything to keep it from sticking to the meat? I am brining some small pork roasts and want to net and hang them in the smoker but will the net stick to the meat.

• Admin

@mdseaside
    It may stick a little bit, but as long as you don’t compress the meat into the netting, it won’t be impossible to remove.

There are a few options to help prevent sticking.

1. You can use something acidic, like vinegar or lemon juice and soak the netting in that prior to placing the meat in the netting.
    2. You can mix vinegar and liquid smoke at a 50/50 ratio and soak the meat netting in that solution beforehand.

Some people may say to use a cooking oil, or spray, but I personally would avoid that.
    I would suggest the 50/50 mix of liquid smoke and vinegar.

• Regular Contributors

@austin Used the netting right out of the bag and it worked great. Secured the bottom with a hog ring
    placed the roast in it and tied it off and hung min the smoker. Great smoke penetration all around and very nice color. Will be using it all the time now.

Active Users

Recent Posts

• R

I bought a chamber vacmaster vp 120 from waltons over a year ago, and it works great. just don’t get nothing inside the bag where it seals the bag.

read more
  • @Jonathon
    We’ll that was the first thing that came to mind the first batch i ever made. had a cold beer in hand and was sampling one and closed my eyes to savor the moment and the smoke aroma smelled just like i had a lit cigar in my mouth thus the term [meat cigars]

read more
  • @Jonathon Was there another thread or topic that addressed glycerine and using a vacuum tumbler?

read more

Recent Topics

Users

Topics