Adding Pineapples to brats

• So I am making some of the Supreme Pizza Brats with chicken thighs. Can I add some pineapple tidbits to the mixture and use the pineapple juice or apple juice in place of the water?
    Thanks

• Walton's Employee

@harpo79 Using pineapple chunks/juice can be a bit touchy as it contains a enzyme that denatures protein and makes binding difficult. You will find bromelain, which is in pineapple in most meat tenderizers because of this, it is why your mouth sometimes gets sore after eating lots of pineapple, if it breaking down the lining in your mouth!

If you are going to add pineapple I would used dehydrated chunks and you will want to eat them quickly, don’t try to store them for future use, only make as much as you are planning on eating right away.

Anyone else have any input or advice?

• @jonathon Thanks

Active Users

Recent Posts

• R

I bought a chamber vacmaster vp 120 from waltons over a year ago, and it works great. just don’t get nothing inside the bag where it seals the bag.

read more
  • @Jonathon
    We’ll that was the first thing that came to mind the first batch i ever made. had a cold beer in hand and was sampling one and closed my eyes to savor the moment and the smoke aroma smelled just like i had a lit cigar in my mouth thus the term [meat cigars]

read more
  • @Jonathon Was there another thread or topic that addressed glycerine and using a vacuum tumbler?

read more

Recent Topics

Users

Topics