Labels?

• I have a chamber vac sealer and have been having trouble is labeling the packages. I run labels through my printer and stick them to the pouches but they all loosen up or fall off. I’ve been using weather proof laser labels. Any suggestions for a better label?

• Walton's Employee

@WIJIM When are you putting the labels on? I usually vac pack them then label them before I put them in the fridge or freezer. If you are labelling the bags first that might be part of the problem but my labels are specifically from a label maker. What kind of laser printer are you using?

• I cover my labels with clear packaging tape. They never come off and the paper label is water proof.

• @jonathon I put them on before I seal so maybe that is the problem…I’ll give it a try after sealing. I use Avrey weatherproof labels and run them through my HP color laser printer.

Recent Posts

• J

The only kind of dehydrator I’ve used for snack sticks is a jerky dehydrator. The snack sticks will shrivel just like jerky but maintain the flavor.
    I’ll try to upload a pic. The ones on the left are the dehydrated sticks and the ones on the right were slow cooked in an oven. AE1C6B3B-E0E4-4A8C-8A71-E5191A0330B1.jpeg

read more
  • G

Has anyone tried to dehydrate snack sticks instead of using a smoker?

read more
  • Tonight’s dinner is a spatchcocked whole chicken marinated in my fermented chili sauce. Sides of grilled sweet peppers from the garden and rice.IMG_20190915_120107_burst_01.jpg IMG_20190915_120728.jpg IMG_20190915_135402.jpg IMG_20190915_183415.jpg IMG_20190915_183828.jpg IMG_20190915_185222.jpg

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

10 users active right now (0 members and 10 guests).
rich

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 7.5k posts in 1.4k topics.
We currently have 5.5k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, logansmith123.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.