Why the Powdered Milk?

Recent Posts

• C

@jonathon Black Bull, the name makes it sound like it would be a winner. Yes, I have done the injecting as well. I forgot about that. I thought the overall flavor was a little better with the brine, then a pat down, & the dry rub to finish it off.
    The Alabama trick. Well, more like the Dave trick, but definitely from Alabama. Occasionally I will add a can of Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale to my brine or injection liquid. Buffalo Rock, to my knowledge only available in Alabama. It is some real serious stuff No liquor though, but serious stuff. Just about like what Coke used to be. You either like this stuff o you don’t. We like it. We have let some folks try it & they definitely did not like it. I have never found an in between. I have never found a Ginger Ale quite like it in all my travels either. A few have been close, maybe, but not there. I few folks thought that some particular variety might be similar, but them having not tried both the Buffalo Rock & their brand, there is no comparison. How they got the name Buffalo Rock in Alabama. either I don’t remember or never learned. It seems to me that it might have been some sort of Texas thing, probably because I am thinking of Buffalo Gap, Texas. But, the fact of the matter is it apparently started over 150 years ago, but in Alabama. Good stuff!

read more
  • D

@danbow

Austin… Her sausage doesnt have the crust you speak of. Maybe the aluminum foil is what prevents that and also holds in the moisture. that keeps the consistency good.

read more
  • @jonathon ![alt text0_1544482249284_IMG_0823.jpeg
    Ribeyes

read more
  • That makes sense. May also be why the switch does not lock in reverse. Acts more like a pulse switch. I avoided using it with mixer just to be safe. Didn’t want to chance wrecking it. I did grind 20# of venison in less than two minutes. Great piece of equipment! Don’t know why I waited so long to get one. Quiet, smooth and efficient. If you’re able to find out more, please share. Thanks Austin.

read more
  • @gerygaub Absolutely, that is what I have done with the bellies in the past they always turn out fantastic! Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

read more
  • G

So I can vacuum seal the belly with the vac sealer and after the 5 to 7 days remove it and smoke it?

read more

Recent Topics

Popular Topics

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.