Pretty good ribs

• I’ve got a pretty good recipe for pork ribs if anyone should care to try it. I use the bone-in or boneless country style ribs and run them generously with a concoction I got a while back and they come out very tasty. The rub uses basic kitchen spices and I thought I had it here at work with me…guess not, I’ll have to post the ingredients later.

• Here’s my recipe, hope you like it as much as we do, thanks.

RIB RUB

Bone in or boneless Country Style Pork Ribs

THE RUB
    ¼ Cup Salt
    ½ Cup White Sugar
    2 Tablespoon Lemon Pepper
    3 Tablespoon Accent Seasoning
    2 Tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
    2 Tablespoon Paprika
    2 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
    1 teaspoon Chili Powder
    1 teaspoon Onion Powder

The original recipe for this called for ½ Cup salt and I felt it was a bit too salty for my liking, also it didn’t call for garlic and I kinda likes garlic so I added that into the recipe too, actually I usually put in twice what I listed in the recipe but like I said, I’m kinda a garlic lover. Use as many ribs as you want to grill, the dry rub will probably season more that you want to cook in one batch and it stores well on the shelf. I save emptied Parmesan cheese shaker jars and use them to hold the rub mixture, they work pretty well.

I usually mix all the rub ingredients together in a large measuring cup or use whatever you have, just make sure everything is blended together well. Then I pour it into the cleaned and dry parmesan cheese shaker jar and viola, you got some awesome rib rub! I typically lay a rib on a cutting board, season it generously on all sides, then rub into the meat by hand, and repeat until all ribs are covered. The process gets your hands a bit messy and I don’t want to wash my hands after each rib gets rubbed so I use a sandwich bag around the shaker jar secured with a rubber band. That way when I’m done seasoning I just wash up, remove the sandwich bag and my jar stays clean. I’ve also gotten in the habit of printing the recipe and cutting it to fit the shaker jar, tape it in place, that way I know what’s in the jar too!

Once the ribs are all rubbed, head to the grill. I sear them on a very hot grill then turn the heat down to low and keep an eye on them and monitor internal temp. I pull them off at an internal temp of 145 to 150 degrees Fahrenheit, let them rest about 10 minutes and enjoy.

• Walton's Employee

@tomg that sounds pretty good, I might give that a try for the first weekend of the NFL season!

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.