Perfectly Cooked Pheasant and Delicious Homemade Bread

• Walton's Employee

Homemade Tomato Basil Bread Video

Weekly Blog Post - Perfectly Cooked Pheasant and Delicious Homemade Bread

Find out what's going on at Walton's and Meatgistics this week. We will have a loose schedule for soon to be released videos, what we are working on long term and maybe a few quick tips and tricks that are on our mind!

The Best Way to Cook Pheasant Video

What Videos are being released soon?

Homemade Sundried Tomato Basil Bread - We were not even planning on doing a video when we made this, it was just so we could have some fresh bread but it came out so good that we decided we needed to do a short video!

How to Make Homemade Salami - We decided to put our Salami Seasoning (and Jon) to work and show you guys how to make great homemade Salami. Now, this isn’t a Dry-Cured product but a Salami that will resemble Summer Sausage in texture.

What Projects are we looking ahead at?

We are working on a new organization for Meatgistics that we hope will help anyone visiting our site learn how to make great homemade products. This will be structured in a Class schedule with the 101, 102, 103, etc. classes being basics and the 2 classes being more advanced. Our goal here is to have something for everyone, the absolute newbie meat processor can learn the basics without getting lost and the advanced processor can learn new tips and tricks and the science behind what they are doing.

What’s on our Mind?

I want to smoke a pork loin today with the Cyclops Greek Marinade and I did not start it last night. This is not technically a soluble seasoning so I put the amount I needed to inject in our Weston Pro Series Blender and let it run for a few minutes with no liquid. I then added the required liquid and let it run again to mix it all up and injected into my pork loin. Not sure if this will work with every seasoning but it might make injecting non-soluble seasonings an option.

New Products

We just got our new Grilleye Pro Plus in stock! This thing looks like it is going to be a lot of fun to use and I am testing it out this week. As soon as I have everything I need I will get a product review uploaded and released on youtube.

Recent Posts

• R

Any idea of brand on the “brown” ones? I used to be able to buy them from my local butcher but he has since stopped selling them. Or where to purchase?

read more
  • E

@ramt600 I had the same thing happen with the reddish ones also and the brown ones worked the best so, I just stopped using the red casings.

read more
  • Another way is with a digital gram scale. 1 ounce = 28 grams. 6 oz = 168 grams. 168 ÷ 100 = 1.68 grams per pound.

read more
  • @meatmadam
    You will need to inject the hams first. After injecting, then take any leftover brine, and put that with the hams into a tumbler. Then, tumble for 2-3 hours. Hold it overnight in a cooler, and then smoke it the next day!

read more
  • M

Thank you Austin, looking forward to try it with my new vacuum tumbler! As the tumbler does not allow for 24 hours of tumble ( dial cannot be set longer than one hour )what is recommended for doing a ham?

read more
  • @meatmadam
    If the usage is 6 oz per 100 lb of meat, to recalculate for another batch size, simply divide the additive weight by the meat block weight (6/100) and that equals how much to use per lb of meat (which is 0.06 oz per lb). You can then take the 0.06 oz and multiple that by however many pounds of meat you are making, so if that is 5 lb, then you end up needing 0.3 oz per 5 lb of meat.

read more

Recent Topics

Popular Topics

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.