Beef Tounge

• Any one have a beef tounge recipe to share?

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

Denny There is a guy here who does Lingua occasionally but he is at the AAMP (Association of American Meat Processors) Convention right now. I sent him an email so hopefully he has some time to give me his recipe because it was very tender. If not now then he will be back Monday.

• Denny I have a recipe for tongue with rice and gravy. Slice the tongue into thick slices about an inch to an inch and a half. Make small incisions in each piece and put a piece of garlic. Season with salt, red pepper and cayenne pepper. In a cast iron pot put a small amount of cooking oil. Brown the tongue on a medium heat stirring often. Occasionally add a little water. Just enough to stop it from sticking. After the meat is browned we’ll remove the tongue and add a couple of large onions. Brown them down will well and add tongue back. Cover the tongue with water and cover. And cook over a Med to high heat. Cook till tinder. You may have to add a few times. Once it’s tender cook it down till the gravy is thick. Serve gravy over white rice. This is how we Cajuns so it. Hope you enjoy.

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

Denny

Here is the recipe our guy uses here for his. I have had it and it is pretty excellent!

1 small beef tongue
    Peppercorns
    Bay leaf (or other herbs)
    Onion and garlic powder
    Onions and garlic cloves
    Soak in cold water for 1-2 hours change water occasionally
    Rinse and wash under cold water
    Add the tongue to pot of water and cover the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
    Keep the tongue completely submerged. You may need to add more water
    The tongue is ready when it turns white and a knife easily pierces the thickest part. This typically takes about 50–60 minutes per pound
    Transfer the tongue onto a plate with a pair of tongs. Wait until the tongue is just cool enough to touch, then cut through the outer white layer lengthwise with a sharp knife. Peel off this layer with your fingers, cutting when necessary.
    Shred the beef with fork and put in crock pot with bbq sauce,

• That sounds like a winner I will have to try it.

Suggested Topics

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.
Change Text Size