Carrot fiber.

• I’m making a 7lb batch of willies snack sticks. I am going to use carrot fiber instead of sure gel.
    My question is how do I use the carrot fiber? Do I as it to water or to the meat itself? If I use water how much?

• Walton's Employee

@dc2lane For carrot fiber add it to your meat just before, or after, you add the water to mix in the seasoning and cure. For water you can add 2 qt of ice cold water and 4 oz (or a full package, might be just below 4 oz) of carrot fiber. Now, if you are stuffing into larger diameter (19 or 21mm) casings then you don’t really need to add the full 2 qts. It will make stuffing much easier but it will increase your cook time as you will need to cook that out of snack stick during the cooking process.

• @jonathon
    4 ounces of carrot fiber for 7 pounds of meat? Seems like too much carrot fiber for that amount of meat. But, I have been, and probably am wrong here.

• Walton's Employee

@renaldo No you are right! For some reason I thought you were doing a 25 lb batch! For 7 lb the correct amount of carrot fiber would be 1.1 oz and for water don’t use more than 16 oz.

• Thanks for the help!

Recent Posts

• @Lance Landjager is a big goal of mine!

read more
  • L

F9B424AD-E887-4822-96B8-16F4BD4E783E.jpeg
    I tried something new to me instead of smoking this Landjager I used a mesquite smoke powder. It turned out pretty good, not as good as real smoke but really not bad.

read more
  • L

@Jonathon
    The old timers in my family used to make blood sausage I remember trying it once…
    I may need to try and make it to see if my taste buds have changed😂

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

9 users active right now (0 members and 9 guests).
DeerSlayer

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 5.4k posts in 1.2k topics.
We currently have 4.9k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Mikeg32253.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.