August Sales/Giveaway, Bacon Jerky and Hi-Temp Cheese

• Walton's Employee

CheeseVideo

Weekly Blog Post - August Sales/Giveaway, Bacon Jerky & Instagram

Find out what's going on at Walton's and Meatgistics this week. We will have a loose schedule for soon to be released videos, what we are working on long term and maybe a few quick tips and tricks that are on our mind!

What Videos are being released soon?

Hi-Temp Cheese - We are releasing a new video on our cheeses with information on why you should use it vs regular cheese, what flavors we have available and what combos go well with particular flavors. It should be a useful video for anyone looking to add some extra taste to a brat, summer sausage or snack stick!

Bacon Jerky - Everyone loves Bacon and everyone loves Jerky right? Well at least everyone who is reading this blog probably does. So we are going to be making some bacon and then reseasoning it and dehydrating it for some Bacon Jerky!

What Projects are we looking ahead at?

We are getting ready to film our August Giveaway & Sales Video and this is a big one! The giveaway will appeal to almost anyone and the sales this month are some of the biggest we have done so far this year so definitely watch for that video to come out at the beginning of the Month.

What’s on our Mind?

Is Bratwurst the perfect food? I just made 18 lb of brats to bring to a weekend camp vacation. We ate them the first night as dinner and since I made them, they were phenomenal. I made 6 lb each of Inferno Hot Bratwurst Seasoning, Philly Cheese Steak Bratwurst Seasoning and Supreme Pizza Bratwurst so there was something for everyone. We ended up not being able to figure out where we wanted to eat lunch the next day so I suggested leftover bratwurst. So we had them for lunch and even unheated the next day with and without buns they were still great. Then, that night the boat had some issues with the dock at the restaurant we were going to eat at so it was back to the camp for Bratwurst again! All in all 3 of us (my wife is a vegetarian) ate 36 brats over the course of three meals and they never disappointed!

New Products

General Tso Marinade

General Tso Marinade

105mm X 20"Textile Casing

105 mm x 20 in Textile Casings

Active Users

Recent Posts

• @Jonathon Was there another thread or topic that addressed glycerine and using a vacuum tumbler?

read more
  • C

@doug7777 142 degrees is a stalling point where the fat starts to render. I used to get very impatient and start cranking up the heat to get the INT to go up. That usually results in burning all the fat out of the snack sticks. Be patient. The temp will eventually start to rise again. Once it does, it will continue to do so at a steady pace. I have had snack sticks in the smoker for 24 hours or better due to having 25lbs hanging at one time. I have also had 4-5 lbs at a time in the smoker only take 4-5 hours total.

read more
  • @DeerSlayer i guess i never replied to this thread even though i was mentioned! Sorry about that!
    Glad things are turning out great! Just an FYI you could probably just stuff right away into casings, it will make it much eaiser for you then after 6 hours then resting again! Also im a huge supporter of sodium erthorbate as an accelerator. It will make your snack sticks look better and last longer!

read more

Recent Topics

Users

Topics