August Sales/Giveaway, Bacon Jerky and Hi-Temp Cheese

• Walton's Employee

CheeseVideo

Weekly Blog Post - August Sales/Giveaway, Bacon Jerky & Instagram

Find out what's going on at Walton's and Meatgistics this week. We will have a loose schedule for soon to be released videos, what we are working on long term and maybe a few quick tips and tricks that are on our mind!

What Videos are being released soon?

Hi-Temp Cheese - We are releasing a new video on our cheeses with information on why you should use it vs regular cheese, what flavors we have available and what combos go well with particular flavors. It should be a useful video for anyone looking to add some extra taste to a brat, summer sausage or snack stick!

Bacon Jerky - Everyone loves Bacon and everyone loves Jerky right? Well at least everyone who is reading this blog probably does. So we are going to be making some bacon and then reseasoning it and dehydrating it for some Bacon Jerky!

What Projects are we looking ahead at?

We are getting ready to film our August Giveaway & Sales Video and this is a big one! The giveaway will appeal to almost anyone and the sales this month are some of the biggest we have done so far this year so definitely watch for that video to come out at the beginning of the Month.

What’s on our Mind?

Is Bratwurst the perfect food? I just made 18 lb of brats to bring to a weekend camp vacation. We ate them the first night as dinner and since I made them, they were phenomenal. I made 6 lb each of Inferno Hot Bratwurst Seasoning, Philly Cheese Steak Bratwurst Seasoning and Supreme Pizza Bratwurst so there was something for everyone. We ended up not being able to figure out where we wanted to eat lunch the next day so I suggested leftover bratwurst. So we had them for lunch and even unheated the next day with and without buns they were still great. Then, that night the boat had some issues with the dock at the restaurant we were going to eat at so it was back to the camp for Bratwurst again! All in all 3 of us (my wife is a vegetarian) ate 36 brats over the course of three meals and they never disappointed!

New Products

General Tso Marinade

General Tso Marinade

105mm X 20"Textile Casing

105 mm x 20 in Textile Casings

Recent Posts

• R

Any idea of brand on the “brown” ones? I used to be able to buy them from my local butcher but he has since stopped selling them. Or where to purchase?

read more
  • E

@ramt600 I had the same thing happen with the reddish ones also and the brown ones worked the best so, I just stopped using the red casings.

read more
  • Another way is with a digital gram scale. 1 ounce = 28 grams. 6 oz = 168 grams. 168 ÷ 100 = 1.68 grams per pound.

read more
  • @meatmadam
    You will need to inject the hams first. After injecting, then take any leftover brine, and put that with the hams into a tumbler. Then, tumble for 2-3 hours. Hold it overnight in a cooler, and then smoke it the next day!

read more
  • M

Thank you Austin, looking forward to try it with my new vacuum tumbler! As the tumbler does not allow for 24 hours of tumble ( dial cannot be set longer than one hour )what is recommended for doing a ham?

read more
  • @meatmadam
    If the usage is 6 oz per 100 lb of meat, to recalculate for another batch size, simply divide the additive weight by the meat block weight (6/100) and that equals how much to use per lb of meat (which is 0.06 oz per lb). You can then take the 0.06 oz and multiple that by however many pounds of meat you are making, so if that is 5 lb, then you end up needing 0.3 oz per 5 lb of meat.

read more

Recent Topics

Popular Topics

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.