Spice mixture instructions

• I just started making my own sausages. I purchased a few spice packages from this site and there are no instructions that came with them as far as mixing, amount of fluid to add. etc. You guys make it tough on the beginner. I cooked up what was left in the tube and auger and it tasted great. I just hope I don’t have a problem with the mixture not being wet enough to stuff the casings.

• If you go to the Walton’s website and click on Walton’s Learning Center, then click on Seasonings and scroll down below Sauces, you will find a chart for 1Lb and 5Lb batches for the different seasonings that Waltons carry. Hope this helps.

• Walton's Employee

@renaldo Thanks for that! We always appreciate people helping each other and pointing them to the right info on our website! @lateasusual Another good tip would be to watch the corresponding video in the Learning Center for the product you are making as it will tell you how much water to use per batch. Hope your sausages came out great!

I always make patties out of the left over in the tube and the bottom of the stuffer. I am working on a video now to go over a few different things to do with that, if anyone has any suggestions other than Patties, or skinless sausages let me know!

Recent Posts

• D

@talleyho4 said in Sauerkraut:

Do you have a recipe to share?

Are you asking me?

read more
  • B

@yardapes11 @lamurscrappy @Jonathon @Austin
    1_1550947058460_CE56A3D4-AEC6-487D-8708-EBC6367A1DF9.jpeg 0_1550947058459_9E37575B-FEA0-45B9-9679-F227BF4765F0.jpeg summer sausage turned out great…did the hot water bath to finish

read more
  • L

@mcmillenbr Need some more details. 5 pound batch? How much water are you using? I have never had water run out.

read more
  • M

@austin
    I tried making snack sticks for the second time. This time I added citric acid for some tang. The mix never got sticky and when I stuffed the casing it was not smooth and the water seperated and ran out on the counter top. The meat was like little seperated lumps in the casings. After cooking, they tasted good, but the texture was like compressed saw dust.

read more
  • T

Do you have a recipe to share?

read more

Recent Topics

Popular Topics

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.