Smores! Will it BBQ?

• Walton's Employee

Smores

Will it BBQ? Smores!

In this segment we pose the question and the answer to Will it BBQ? So much more than just hamburgers, hot dogs, and other meats can be BBQ'd, Grilled, or Smoked. And, this is where we try out unique ideas for cooking on a grill or smoker. This week we are BBQ'ing Smores and letting you know if it will BBQ or not!

Prep Time

5 Minutes

Cook Time

10 Minutes

Ingredients

Marshmellows
    Graham Cracckers
    Chocolate

Utensils Needed

Foil Pan

Instructions

So much more than just hamburgers, hot dogs, and other meats can be BBQ'd, Grilled, or Smoked. And, this is where we try out unique ideas for cooking on a grill or smoker. This week we are going to try BBQing Smores!

Obviously, Smores will BBQ, doing them on a grill is basically the same process as over a fire but doing it on the BBQ might have a few advantages. With normal smores, you are relying on the heat from the marshmallow to melt the chocolate and you can only do a few at a time.

Some people might say doing it this way takes all the fun out of it, the messy gooey fingers are part of it and if you have kids I’m sure that’s true but if you are making larger quantities for a dessert then this is the way to go. We lined the bottom of a foil pan with graham crackers then we laid a few pieces of chocolate on top of those and put the marshmallow ontop of that. We left the top layer of graham crackers off until just before it was done so we could easily monitor their progress.

We did a few where we cut a slit in the marshmallows and inserted a small piece of chocolate to see if that made any difference in the finished appearance.

We had our grill running at 450° and we let them cook for about 10 minutes.
    I sprinkled some Cinnamon toast shake on these and just like always that made things a lot tastier!

So, Will it BBQ?

So, in the end, is this any better than doing it over a fire? Well that depends, if the little ones want to use something like the Fire Fishing Pole and make an evening of it then this might take some of the fun out of it. However, if you are just wanting to make some delicious gooey smores for a lot of people then this is the way to go!

Shop Walton’s for Broil King S 590

Weston Pro Series #32 Meat Grinder

XXXXXXXXX

Hi-Temp Ghost Pepper Cheese

Hi-Temp Cheese

Recent Posts

• Dill Pickle Almonds Dill Pickle Almonds

Learn how to make Dill Pickle Almonds with Walton's and Meatgistics. Watch the video, read the guide, and then post your questions or comments below.

Pour Water into Seasoning Stir in Seasoning Bake for 8 minutes Add Salt & Vinegar Shake Overview

The Dill Pickle Jerky and Snack Stick Seasoning is quickly climbing the list of most versatile seasonings, a while ago @Joe-Hell said he used some to make some awesome almonds, so we thought we would give it a try in our new kitchen and see what it was like!

“Meat” Block

Almonds (8 oz)
    Dill Pickle Jerky/Snack Stick Seasoning (1 tablespoon)
    Olive Oil
    Boiled Water
    Excalibur’s Salt & Vinegar Wing Shake

Steps

Fully dissolve 1 oz of the Dill Pickle Seasoning in a small amount of very hot water. Mix with almonds and shake/stir very well for even distribution. Lay almonds out flat on a pan coated in foil and cook at 375° for 8 minutes. Pull from oven, spray lightly with spray olive oil and then shake on some Salt & Vinegar Wing Shake

The addition of the Salt & Vinegar Shake here changed the overall taste, without that the main flavor was just the dill, there wasn’t any real pickle flavor but the vinegar in the wing shake really brought it all together.

Watch WaltonsTV: Dill Pickle Almonds Shop waltonsinc.com for Dill Pickle Jerky & Snack Stick Seasoning Shop waltonsinc.com for Excalibur’s Salt & Vinegar Wing Shake Shop waltonsinc.com for Seasonings & Additives Non-stick Grilling Mesh Basket Non-stick Grilling Mesh Basket

read more
  • Agreed. I will mix smoke

30 minutes 130 C and later 30 minutes 71 C

After that will finished 100% grill on fire…

I hope to get flavour and safety even to take in refrigerator

Sorry for boring,

I will talk to my meat guy if possible to cure all my coarse chopped meat

only for me in this case.

If positive reply, I will start back smoking topic

read more
  • @LaBarca-cf like @Joe-Hell said you can still get some smoked flavoring by just adding lump wood or wood chips to your smoker. The Hickory Smoke Powder would work as well. The issue is without I would not recommend cooking/smoking it at low temperatures to start off. You run too high of a risk of getting people sick with food poisoning and if you are trying to make a business out of this then getting people sick will stop anyone from eating at your cart more than once.

So, adding wood chips/lump wood and using hickory smoke powder will help with the taste and if you cook them over wood you should still get some color, it just wouldn’t be what we would consider a true smoked sausage here.

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

12 users active right now (0 members and 12 guests).
craigrice, tabmitch, PatrickB, Jonathon

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 6.6k posts in 1.3k topics.
We currently have 5.2k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, 1137Guinness.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.