September Giveaway!

• Walton's Employee

September GiveawayVideo

Weekly Blog Post - September Giveaway

Find out what's going on at Walton's and Meatgistics this week. We will have a loose schedule for soon to be released videos, what we are working on long-term and maybe a few quick tips and tricks that are on our mind!

What Videos are being released soon?

We have a few videos almost ready to release but as we are really concentrating on filming as much as the Meatgistics University videos as possible we will be slowly releasing these over the next month or so. Be patient with us as we promise to make the wait worth it. When we go live with Meatgistics University we will be releasing almost all of the entry-level “course” videos at once!

What Projects are we looking ahead at?

It’s been all about Meatgistic University here over the past few weeks and it will continue to be about that over the next month or so but we are also working on a Conversion Chart for our Cures like we did for our Seasonings. This Chart will give you the Cups, tbsp, and tspns of cure you need as well as how much water it needs to be mixed in. This was a lot more math than I was wanting to do but we heard from more than a few of our customers that it was needed so we have been putting it together.

What’s on our Mind?

We are what we eat! I was chatting with the Meatgistics user @Denny and he forwarded me an article about a University of Michigan study on the health benefits from eating bone marrow. It has been an interesting few years in the world of nutrition, we’ve seen the old food pyramid that a lot of us were raised with getting blown up and attitudes on fat and cholesterol becoming more positive. The one thing I don’t think anyone would argue with is that for most people a balanced diet is the way to go. I do a modified Keto diet where almost all of my Carbs are coming from Vegetables and some fruit, I’ve never felt healthier and my weight has been going the right way for months now.

New Products

Walton’s 42mm Sausage Linker is coming soon! This will be a larger version of our older linker and with the ability to easily tie sausages up to 1.6" this will make tying up your sausage, especially dry or slow cured sausage, a lot easier!

• Hey Jomathan, this is great news, look forward to seeing the new videos and I’m really liking the cure conversion chart, boy will that make everyone’s life better.
    Once again, keep up the great work, I got some orders coming in as sausage making season draws close here in Connecticut.
    Thanks Forkin Pork
    Life member & SBJ KCBS

• Looking for it.

• O Boy!
    My wife goes here we go again, that time of the year.
    But I did tell her things are going to be different this year, as this year everything is coming from Walton’s.
    She was surprised at my game changing plans, but did say she is really looking forward to see what I have in store for this year.

I’m looking to make things easier this year, and I have faith that Walton’s with bring it on!

Active Users

Recent Posts

• That’s a great question but a difficult one to answer! Usually, Worcestershire Sauce will have a pH of 3.6 - 4.1 while Soy Sauce has 4.4 - 5.4. Negative pH (below 7) can cause denaturing in your meat and if you have something like the 3.6 (low range of the Worcestershire Sauce) it can cause issues even when added in smaller amounts.

If you look at the ingredients in Mandarin Teriyaki Snack Stick or Sweet Teriyaki Jerky (you can do this by scrolling down and then clicking on “Additional Info” button) you will see Soy Sauce as an ingredient, so it can absolutely be added, it just needs to be in the correct amount. This is a major reason that we recommend prepackaged seasonings, your at home recipe can be wonderful but it also has the potential to destroy your products.

So, if you are going to experiment with Sauces with a negative pH then my advice is to start at very low concentrations and work your way up till you find a good amount that provides the taste you are looking for and does not negatively affect your finished product.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

read more
  • J

Does soy sauce denature the meat like worcestershire sauce or is it ok to use in a meat stick?

read more
  • P

Try it on just smoke. That should work fine.

read more
  • P

I have tried a TF 34MM processed casing I got from Quality Casings. A 32MM HF and a 30MM TF, both clear processed, I got from Mar-Co Sales. Devro Is the brand I have now. I have been hanging them. the 30MM has been the best but still tougher than I want. Ideally I want a 32MM processed casing for my brats. Does Walton’s send out samples? I do have to order some other items.

read more
  • T

Re: Jerky
    Thank You

read more
  • C

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try a couple of ideas your suggestions have given me.

read more

Recent Topics

Popular Topics

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.