Snack Seasoning

• Hi, all – I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for spice mixtures that would be good for seasoning snacks – chips, nuts, etc. Preferably with not too much heat, so that the kids can dig in too. Any ideas?

• @21cedar look thru the Excalibur seasoning shakers that Walton’s carries - I’ve used several on chips & popcorn and love them! Salt & vinegar is great!

• Walton's Employee

@21cedar First, @KnucklHed-BBQ 's suggestion of the Salt and Vinegar Wing Shake is absolutely one that should be tried! I use it on cucumbers and tomatoes and it is amazing on both! I recently started using it with Cashews and Almonds and it is even better on them, this is probably the one shaker that will always be in my pantry!

Another one that is amazing on Nuts and Popcorn is the Garlic Romano, it is good with everything though so don’t stop at just those. If you were making homemade chips of any sort this is a great one to use!

Butter Garlic is another that goes great on snacks but be careful with this one, a little bit goes a long way!

Cinnamon Toast Shake is great on anything you want to add some sweetness too, I love using it when I have greek yogurt and fruit or it is amazing on ice cream…though I don’t get to eat it all that much!

The Catibbean Style Rump Rub goes well with chips as well

Finally, my favorite seasoning for when I am making Sweet Potato Fries is the Potato Seasoning and Garnish!

That’s a few of my favorites, I’m sure I am leaving a few out but those are the main ones I like to use on snacks!

• Thanks, guys – I somehow missed the whole section on seasoning shakers! Definitely have some exploring to do 👍

• @jonathon Is there any way to know/find out which other dry rubs are a fine enough grind to be sprinkled onto snack foods?

• Walton's Employee

@21cedar Right now there isn’t any way to know. If you want to send me some requests I will let you know. It might not be a bad idea for me to go through all of them and list out on the website if the particle size is Small, Medium or Large. For now though just send me shakers you have questions on.

Recent Posts

• @txbigly
    I’d say 30-45 days still isn’t too long. I wouldn’t go much past 45 though.
    As long as it is still in the original vacuum packaging, and the packaging doesn’t start to expand (gas released from the meat), you should be fine wet aging for quite some time. When you open the package, you should notice pretty quickly if it sat too long and spoiled. The odor will be quite foul and noticeable. So, I’d shoot for the 30-45 day mark, and you should be good with that.

read more
  • K

@Joe-Hell ROFLOL 🙂

read more
  • @Austin I had the three 3 in 1 gig once…once 😒

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

15 users active right now (5 members and 10 guests).
bckarl, fowler35, Rzero1123, craigrice, jmcox, KLee, erich52

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 7.0k posts in 1.3k topics.
We currently have 5.3k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, jmcox.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.