Using Cellulose Casings and Humidity in a Smokehouse

• Walton's Employee

PK 100 Video

Weekly Blog Post - Using Cellulose Casings and Humidity in a Smokehouse

Find out what's going on at Walton's and Meatgistics this week. We will have a loose schedule for soon to be released videos, what we are working on long-term and maybe a few quick tips and tricks that are on our mind!

What Videos are being released soon?

Adding Humidity To Your Smoker - We are going to be testing what the effect of adding a water pan to your smoker it by setting up a modified wet sock in our PK - 100 Smokehouse. To do this we are going to use Madgetech monitors and try to prove that adding a pan does, in fact, increase your relative humidity.

What Projects are we looking ahead at?

We are continuing to shoot Meatgistics University Stuff and we have one category mostly done! That might not sound like much progress but it is, in my mind at least, the most difficult category and the one that needed to be done first. So after this hopefully it will be smoother sailing and we can look for a release date of early to mid-October and even sooner if we can manage it! I won’t say we are working around the clock on this but it is our main focus!

What’s on our Mind?

We finally got the PK 100 review done! I know a few people had requested this so I’m glad to finally be able to release it! We love this smoker, obviously, it is the main one we use at meatgistics so we are very familiar with it.

I am also finding more and more that I like Cellulose Casings. A skinless product might have a bit of bad name in some circles but the more I use these the more I find I really like them. I just experimented with just cutting them and not tying them. While it wasn’t perfect it saved me about 10-15 minutes of processing time!

New Products

While they aren’t all that new the Walton’s Boning Knives are a really good, inexpensive, boning knife that would be a nice addition to almost any home processors kit. It also helps you show of your Walton’s love!

Active Users

Recent Posts

• N

Is there any current coupons? Thanks

read more
  • P

@cayenneman That is more like smoking pork butts or brisket. I did a whole wild turkey at 225F and since there is so little fat on them to start with I used it to make a turkey noodle soup and that little bit of extra smoke on the turkey is a game changer! I used the bones to make the stock and it also had a little smokeyness to it, delicious. Don’t be afraid to run the smoker up 225-250F. Just make sure get it warm and dry before putting the smoke to it so it will stick better.

read more
  • @rhjbarney That is the second time in recent weeks I have heard sausage referred to as Cigars, I like it and I am sure I can come up with a clever (for me at least) social media post about it. Also, I use a lot of the pictures our users post here on Walton’s Instagram, Facebook and twitter accounts and also Meratgistics Face Book accounts. Consider this my shameless plug to follow our social media accounts.

read more

Recent Topics

Users

Topics