No carrot fiber for pepperoni

• Guys, being a newbe to all of this, I did not order carrot fiber. Been thawing 2 shoulders in the fridge and they are ready to bone. Can I make the pepperoni without carrot fiber?

• @lateasusual Try potato starch. I’ve been using potato starch as a binder for years with great results. It gels around 150 degrees so it will help with some water retention. I would order some carrot fiber to have on hand for next time though. I’m new to the carrot fiber, but so far really like it. But most large grocery stores carry potato starch so it’s easy and quick to find when your in a pinch.

• Thanks guys.

• Walton's Employee

@lateasusual I prefer Carrot Fiber to Potato Starch but @tbone is right, it is more readily available in stores and the fact that it begins to gel at around the same temperature that meats starts to really excrete water is a huge benefit. Super Bind gives you the best of both worlds as it has Carrot Fiber and Potato Starch but I don’t know if it is twice as good as carrot fiber as it is almost twice the price!

Active Users

Recent Posts

• @rodneycaudill ok ok, y’all are convincing me. I will look more at the vacuum chamber. Thanks for y’alls input!

read more
  • R

I bought a chamber vacmaster vp 120 from waltons over a year ago, and it works great. just don’t get nothing inside the bag where it seals the bag.

read more
  • @Jonathon
    We’ll that was the first thing that came to mind the first batch i ever made. had a cold beer in hand and was sampling one and closed my eyes to savor the moment and the smoke aroma smelled just like i had a lit cigar in my mouth thus the term [meat cigars]

read more

Recent Topics

Users

Topics