High temp cheese

• At what point do you put the high temp cheddar cheese in the sausage mix, before grinding or after grinding?

• Walton's Employee

@Robert-Tartaglia You will want to put the Hi-Temp cheese in after grinding and at the very end of mixing. So if you grind everything first and then add your seasonings and cures (if needed) then get everything all mixed into the meat, the correct level of protein extraction and then add your Cheese for the last minute or so, just to get it evenly distributed throughout the meat. If you added seasoning between grinds then I would still do the same you just would have to mix a little bit less.

The grinding would smear the cheese and the point of using hi-temp is for it to retain at least some of its original form.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Active Users

Recent Posts

• @rodneycaudill ok ok, y’all are convincing me. I will look more at the vacuum chamber. Thanks for y’alls input!

read more
  • R

I bought a chamber vacmaster vp 120 from waltons over a year ago, and it works great. just don’t get nothing inside the bag where it seals the bag.

read more
  • @Jonathon
    We’ll that was the first thing that came to mind the first batch i ever made. had a cold beer in hand and was sampling one and closed my eyes to savor the moment and the smoke aroma smelled just like i had a lit cigar in my mouth thus the term [meat cigars]

read more

Recent Topics

Users

Topics